CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

R.I.P.




This golb is dedicated to my great-grandfather, Louis Hatcher.

"I learned that good judgment comes from experience and that experience grows out of mistakes."
- General Omar N. Bradley


My grandfather was in WWII, he was proud. He lost his hearing due to a grenade in a battle. He didnt let that stop him. He worked until the law wouldn't let him.

They'd always joke that once grandpa retired, that was the end.

He stopped working around 12 years ago, I think, and it just went downhill.

He had problems walking, he was deaf, he couldn't eat on his own. But he'd always smile. He was always silly and always made us happy.

In the past year he was transferred to a retirement home, his wife shortly followed.

Last night, September 12, 2008, he passed away. All I can do now is hope that hes looking down from heaven on us.

I love you grandpa.

Rest in peace.

0 comments: